“Cancer is a diagnosis, not who you are.”
We’re honored to announce that the inaugural Bull Run 5K, in memory of Robert “Bull” Jarosinski, will be held in conjunction with September by the River on Saturday, September 17. A former Freeport High School and Clarion University football player, Bull passed away earlier this year following a courageous battle with cancer. Bull was an avid runner and was inducted into the Armstrong County Sports Hall of Fame. All proceeds from this race will benefit a local individual who has been diagnosed with cancer and their family.
Online registration is available now — check the RunSignup page for more details.
- Online registration will be available via RunSignup.
- Race day registration begins at 7:30 AM at the Freeport Event Center (former Freeport Junior High School at 325 4th Street); cash and check will be accepted.
- Registration will be $25 per runner.
- The race will begin at 9 AM.
- The 5K course starts at the former school, proceeds through town, and finishes at the James E. Swartz Sr. Memorial Field, where Bull played high school football.
- There is no age minimum for participation.
- Pets are allowed on leash.
- Snacks and refreshments will be provided to participants after the race at the baseball field.
- All registrants will be provided a raffle ticket at bib pick-up.
This race is being organized by Chuck Sarver and Bull’s wife, Peg Jarosinski.