Freeport, PA – The Freeport Renaissance Association is collaborating with multiple businesses and organizations throughout the Freeport community for the annual holiday event, “A Small Town Christmas,” to be held on Saturday, December 2, 2023. This annual community event is a way to welcome in and celebrate the season.
Find the schedule of activities below:
- 8-11 AM: Breakfast with Santa at St. Mary’s Fellowship Hall, 608 High Street
- 8 AM-2 PM: Christmas Shoppe and Bake Sale at Freeport Area Library, 428 Market Street
- 8 AM-5 PM: Vendor & Craft Show at The Building @ 211, 211 5th Street
- 9 AM-1 PM: Pet Photos with Santa at NextHome Dynamic, 235 5th Street
- 9 AM-1 PM: Gingerbread House Contest at NextHome Dynamic, 235 5th Street
- 10 AM-2 PM: Holiday Card Making at G&T Sports Card Plus, 320 5th Street
- 11 AM-3 PM: Small Town Scavenger Hunt
- 12-5 PM: Meet Logan Blair — 14 Year Old Bull Rider & #1 in PA High School Rodeo at the Hope Garden
- 12-8 PM: Toys for Tots — Stuff an Ambulance at Freeport Fire-EMS, 400 Market Street
- 1 PM: Storytime at Freeport Area Library, 428 Market Street
- 2-4 PM: Cookie Sale at Trinity Evangelical Lutheran Church, 323 5th Street
- 2-4 PM: Christmas Crafts with Sarver MOPS, 512 High Street
- 3-5 PM: Lauren Fischer Performance at 1833 Coffee & Tea Co., 300 5th Street
- 5 PM: Christmas Light-Up Parade through town
- After Parade: Tree Lighting, Pictures with Santa, and Concessions with Freeport International Baseball Invitational at James E. Swartz Memorial Field, 2nd Street
Fat N Nat, Galaxy Donut, and Lil’ Bean Backerei will be serving throughout the day at the corner of Fifth and Market Streets.
Please see below for specific event details:
Breakfast with Santa: This event will be held free of charge.
Pet Photos with Santa: Lacey and Luke invite you and your furry family members to celebrate the holiday and have your pet’s photo taken with Santa. This is being offered for free, but NextHome Dynamic is accepting donations for Orphans of the Storm. Register by contacting Jen Atkinson at 724-295-5500 or firstname.lastname@example.org, or register online. This is by appointment only with limited availability.
Small Town Scavenger Hunt: Pick up your clues from 1833 Coffee & Tea Co. and find the fun Christmas items throughout the downtown businesses.
Gingerbread House Contest: Celebrate this holiday season by entering a gingerbread house to our contest! The houses will be judged on December 2nd. You must drop off your house by Thursday, November 30th, at 4 PM at NextHome Dynamic. Houses should be on a base no larger than 11”x13”. Prizes will be awarded. Register online or contact Jen Atkinson at 724-295-5500 or email@example.com.
Christmas Light-Up Parade: Staging for the parade will be at the boat launch on 1st Street starting at 3:30 PM. The parade will begin at 5 PM, and the route will follow 2nd Street to Riverside Drive, Riverside Drive to 5th Street, 5th Street to Buffalo Street, Buffalo Street to Second Street, and ending in James E. Swartz Memorial Field. Applications are still being accepted — call Kellie Abbott at 724-902-9121 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for an application.
Tree Lighting & Pictures with Santa: After the parade, join us for a performance by the Freeport Area Senior High School Marching Band and the tree lighting at James E. Swartz Memorial Field. Thanks to Freeport Fire-Rescue-EMS Station 70, Santa will also be joining us for pictures and giving away treat bags.
We also encourage you to shop locally this holiday season!