Freeport, PA – The Freeport Renaissance Association is collaborating with multiple businesses and organizations throughout the Freeport community for the annual holiday event, “A Small Town Christmas,” to be held on Saturday, December 3. This annual community event is a way to welcome in and celebrate the season.
This year’s schedule is as follows:
- 8 AM-2 PM: Christmas Shop and Bake Sale at Freeport Area Library, 428 Market Street
- 9 AM-12 PM: Breakfast with Santa at St. Mary’s Fellowship Hall, 608 High Street
- 9 AM-1 PM: Pet Photos with Santa at NextHome Dynamic, 235 5th Street
- 9 AM-1 PM: Gingerbread House Contest at NextHome Dynamic, 235 5th Street
- 10 AM-12 PM: Cookies on Fifth at Trinity Lutheran Church, 323 Fifth Street
- 11 AM-12 PM: Storytime – How the Grinch Stole Christmas at Freeport Area Library, 428 Market Street
- 1-5 PM: Fat N Nat Drive-Thru BBQ Benefit for the Gaughan Family at NextHome Dynamic, 235 5th Street
- 2-4 PM: Stuff an Ambulance for Toys 4 Tots with Freeport Fire-EMS, 400 Market Street
- 5 PM: Christmas Light-Up Parade
- Post-Parade: Tree Lighting & Pictures with Santa at James E. Swartz Memorial Field, 2nd Street
Please see below for specific event details.
Breakfast with Santa: This event will be held free of charge. Waffles, eggs, and sausage will be served.
Pet Photos with Santa: This is being offered for free, but NextHome Dynamic is accepting donations for Orphans of the Storm. Register by contacting Jen Atkinson at 724-295-5500 or firstname.lastname@example.org, or register online.
Gingerbread House Contest: Entries will be accepted through Thursday, December 1, and judged on Saturday, December 3. Winners will be announced at the tree lighting. Register by contacting Jen Atkinson at 724-295-5500 or email@example.com, or register online.
Stuff an Ambulance: Freeport Fire-EMS will be stuffing its biggest ambulance with toys for the Toys 4 Tots campaign. The age group 10-13 is where there is the biggest need. They will also be accepting cash donations and donations via Square and Venmo for the crew to shop the following week.
Cookies on Fifth: Trinity Lutheran Church will be selling delicious homemade cookies by the dozen for only $4. Stop by to choose from a variety of treats and to see the church dressed for Christmas.
Fat N Nat Drive-Thru BBQ Benefit: Fellow Freeport resident, business owner, and friend Jackie Gaughan had a brain aneurysm and emergency surgery followed by a 2-week hospital stay and is now starting rehab. She has always been a champion for others in our community, and this is our chance to return the favor and show her some love and support! You can view her whole story at Just a Girl Needing Prayers. Fat N Nat has generously agreed to give 100% of all proceeds of this drive-thru BBQ event to benefit the Gaughan Family! Place your order in advance here. The cost is $20 per dinner and includes 1/2 pound of pork, 8 oz. mac and cheese, 8 oz. beans, and 4 oz. slaw. If you buy five dinners, you’ll receive a sixth for free. Orders can be picked up in the rear parking lot at NextHome Dynamic.
Christmas Light-Up Parade: Staging for the parade will be at the boat launch on 1st Street starting at 3:30 PM. The parade will begin at 5 PM, and the route will follow 2nd Street to Riverside Drive, Riverside Drive to 5th Street, 5th Street to Buffalo Street, Buffalo Street to Second Street, and ending in James E. Swartz Memorial Field. Applications are still being accepted — call Kellie Abbott at 724-902-9121 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for an application.
We also encourage you to shop locally this holiday season! Here are the hours and specials of businesses in Freeport’s business district during A Small Town Christmas:
- 1833 Coffee & Tea Co., 300 5th Street – 1833 Coffee & Tea Co. has released their holiday menu, Holidays on 5th, that you won’t want to miss! The shop will be open for extended hours from 7:30 AM-6 PM for those looking for a warm cup of coffee or hot cocoa to watch the parade.
- Brickyard Freeport, 512 High Street – Visit Brickyard Freeport between 8 AM and 2 PM to enjoy some holiday breakfast specials! They will also be set up outside of the Shoop Building (201 5th Street) during the parade with soup, hot chocolate, and baked goods for purchase.
- Essential Fermentation, 309 5th Street – Essential Fermentation will be open from 11 AM-10 PM with daily specials. Jack of Diamonds will also be playing music live starting at 7 PM.
- G&T Sports Cards Plus, 320 5th Street – G&T Sports Cards Plus is hosting a Christmas Party from 9 AM-6 PM! Stop by for free cookies, drinks, popcorn, and candy canes along with sales, specials, and so much more.
- GlampinGals Boutique, 318 5th Street – GlampinGals Boutique, one of the newest shops in Freeport, will be open from 10 AM-7 PM for A Small Town Christmas! Stop in to do some holiday shopping.
- Lock 5 Tavern, 220 5th Street – Lock 5 Tavern is now open at 1 PM on Saturdays! The ongoing special is $2 off any pizza, any size. Stop in or visit the Lock 5 Tavern Facebook page to see the daily specials.
- Scott’s Scuba Service, 509 High Street – Scott’s Scuba Service will be open from 9 AM-3 PM! They carry a wide variety of products from leaders in the industry, as well as a full line of adult and children snorkeling and scuba gear. Visit the shop to learn more about training courses, try dive events, and exotic group travel.
- The Building @ 211, 211 5th Street – The Building @ 211, the new home for Marasia Financial & Notary Services, Travel with Beth Rae, and others, will be open to anyone grabbing food or drinks and looking for a place to sit and eat from 1-5 PM! They will also have free hot coffee and water.
- The Mercantile, 320 5th Street – The Mercantile will be open from 10 AM-4 PM and is offering 25% off everything in the store!